North Pacific crossing on Volendam September 29, 2017. My sister filled out handicapped paperwork prior to our cruise.

She was contacted by telephone to confirm her needs. She stated the need for accessible bathing facilities. When boarding the ship we were not in a handicapped accessible room and called on board guest services. They stated they could not do anything until all had boarded ship.

Upon sailing we were told that nothing was available. They provided some decrepit looking steps and a shower chair. When we stated this was not safe, a day or two later my sister was offered the use of an accessible bathing facility in an empty room. I should call to be allowed to enter the room my sister could shower there.

Unacceptable! Like living in a boarding house. Several days passed and I had to help my sister bathe during this time period. This setup was completely unsafe.

After we complained we were subsequently offered credits and eventually my sister was offered the opportunity to move to this empty room. Making the offer to move earlier would not have cost Holland America an extra dime. I contacted guest services at Holland America after returning from the cruise and was told my sister told them prior to the cruise that she needed a handicapped accessible hotel room. WE DID NOT BOOK A HOTEL ROOM THROUGH HOLLAND AMERICA!!!!!!

Why a hotel room would have been any part of a discussion makes no sense. Guest services on board were rude and guest services at Holland America in Seattle is unwilling to take any responsibility on the part of Holland America for the way our complaint was viewed. They did offer a $250.00 credit per person on future cruises with them.

So in order to access any compensation from them you are required to spend more money with them. Largest complaint is the failure of Holland America to accept responsibility for the handling of this situation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 21, 2017.

Comments