2.1
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

On October 5, aboard the Holland America Veendam I ate mussels for dinner.Two hours later my stomach cramped.

Two hours later diarrhea started. My husband asked the shops and bursar for Imodium. The bursar reported me to the doctor. A nurse provided Imodium and by 1:00am I felt better.

The next morning the senior doctor called my room and quarantined me without ever seeing me, saying "people could die " from being near me. There was no viral outbreak on board. I left the ship anyway to tour Quebec and was not allowed back on board. I am 70, had no luggage, no hotel, no way back to Washington, DC, and my husband was on the ship.

I sat on a park bench and found a hotel and a flight. Thank heavens for my phone and credit card. Had this been firm Holland America policy I would have complied but on a previous Holland America cruise where a large viral outbreak occurred the ship's doctor examined me and said I could tour Edinburgh alone after the tours left.

On the Veendam the doctor never saw me and quarantined me.This was a frightening experience that cost me almost an additional thousand dollars.

Review about: Holland America Line 7-day Canada And New England Discovery Cruise.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Room stewards.

I didn't like: Sanitation, Overreacting doctor, Overreacting doctor and bad fish.

Had an Experience with Holland America Line?

Comments