Holland America Line - They Lied to Us About Being Too Rough to Dock Our Ship-MS Westerdam in Victoria

We were all prepared to go ashore in Victoria, BC, when over the intercom said it will be an hour before docking.The at that time I already could see the city of Victoria where we had plans to go see the Butchart Garden and Butterfly Garden.The ocean was calm with a slight breeze.

Then, in about 30 minutes we cruised right by the dock and on our port side was another cruise ship - The Crown Princess, pointed inward towards the dock.Minutes later, we got an anouncement that we would not be docking due to "high winds last night".Instantly, the Crown Princess went and docked in minutes, leaving us stuck on board the Ms/Westerdam from Holland American Cruiseline, wasting a WHOLE DAY of our trip and money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Arrogance of customers service
    • Being lied to about docking in vancouver
    • Too much to write here

Reason of review:
poor custmer service on my complaint ,didnt get what i payed for and damaged property
Preferred solution:
i already asked for a price reduction and to refund me on destroyed luggage with no results ,thats why i had poor customer service i feel it stressed out my whole cruise .now i feel like a full refund ,but iam not greedy so i let you purpose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Holland America Line Alaska Cruise
Review category
Cruises and Ships
review #900154 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Holland America Line? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 22 #1202260 Irving, Texas

You are on a cruise and you are complaining? I am at work while you are on your cruise. I should be complaining. **rolls eyes***

2 1 Reply

Aug 27 #1204547 Ansonia, Connecticut

She should be complaining she didn't get what she paid for. This site is for complaints not because your jealous cause you weren't on a cruise.

1 0 Reply

Aug 29 #1205279 Waltham, Massachusetts

This person who made the complaint is selfish and self centered. They would rather risk lives and dock on time than wait. No one is jealous. This person is a spoiled rich brat.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.